Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Faux Patina Card - TMS #559

Good day crafty friends! This weeks sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches is wide open for your creative interpretation. I looked through lots of patterned paper but I decided to use the Faux Patina technique. It combines embossing, ink blending and heat embossing. Have you ever tried it? I looked back to see the last time I did this technique and it was almost two years ago. Here is some other Faux Patina Cards I've created over the years. We would love for you to join the challenge using this weeks sketch designed by Patti. If you've never tried the Faux Patina technique I encourage you to give it a try. Here is a link to a short video tutorial. For the the design team inspiration and all the challenge details click HERE. Don't forget to link your creation by 8 pm EST on Sunday.

This Faux Patina Card is linked to the Allsorts embossing challenge. After I made my card I was doing some cleaning and found a package of Toner Card Fronts sold by Unity called Butterfly Fly Away. So, I decided to finally get my new laminating machine out of the box and give foiling a try. The foil is called Rainbow Shattered Glass by iCraft and I used Distress Inks to color the panel before foiling. I'm linking my Butterfly Foiled Card to the Daring Cardmakers Wing It! challenge. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!


Sketch #559:


9 comments:

  1. Two very different but equally beautiful cards, love the look of both techniques

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both look fab, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. Love the techniques you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very elegant creation, many thanks for sharing and joining in our 'Embossing' theme at Allsort challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are beautiful, thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a stunning butterfly card and I love the foiling. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great technique and its so very effective on your card. The butterfly card is beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both beautiful!! I really love the first technique! Going to have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Andrea those are two gorgeous techniques I can’t wait to try them thanks for the beautiful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊