Sunday, March 13, 2022

Tenth Year Blogiversary

Wow! Today marks the tenth year since I started this Savvy Handmade Cards blog. I want to thank all of my followers! As of today I have 196 followers and 622,484 page views. It's amazing how much has changed in the past ten years. When I started making handmade cards I used a lot of stickers for images and sentiment stamps. Over the years my stamp collection has grown and now I color a lot of my images with Copic markers and use coordinating dies to cut them out with my Big Shot. I still love using patterned paper! There is just something about pretty/cute paper that makes me happy. I don't know what's in store for the next ten years, but I've enjoyed sharing my handmade cards with you. 😊

This Tiger WOWzers Card was made for my niece. She is a senior in high school and has decided to attend East Central University, where I graduated, to pursue her education. The university mascot is a tiger, so I couldn't resist using the Tabby Tigers stamp set from Whimsy Stamps. To add some detail I used the Connected Rectangle die from Whimsy Stamps. Everything was adhered flat and three sequins added for some sparkle. That's it! I'm so glad you stopped by and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day. 

Challenges entered:

11 comments:

  1. Your card is so cute, Love the paper. Happy Blogaversary to you. This year will be my 11th. It sure has flew by. We have such a wonderful card making community.Glad to be a part of it. Hope we both have many years ahead. Have a great week.
    cindys-greencricut

    ReplyDelete
  2. A darling image and background paper Andrea love your sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 10 years! Congratulations to you, Andrea! Your tiger card is adorable! Sometimes I cringe when I look back at my old cards, but other times I like some of those old cards even better than some recent ones I have made! It's fun to look back at them in any event! I wish you many more years of blogging and card making fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great design, cute image and lovy matching background paper, thanks for joining in at Crafty Catz- and happy 10th Blogiversary.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super Cute. Great layering. Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” March Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oopsie - previous comment was utilising another DT - please forgive me and delete if possible:
    For this very cute card with the fun tiger and great colouring - loving the background papers. It is amazing how our crafting style changes over the years. I wish you the best for the coming crafting years. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous layers! I love the different angles, as it really adds some visual interest. Great job. Thanks for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams and hope to see you again soon.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy blogversary. I really love your super cute tiger. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing style! I really love it

    Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
    *List Manager* Challenges for Days
    *DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout and super cute little fellow! Thanks for joining us on the Critter Crazy Challenge Blog. Pam, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice card. love the matching background. Thank you for joining in the Dragonfly Dreams challenge.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊