Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Yellow Butterfly Blossoms Card

Good day! Before I get to my card I have a question for you... have you ever spent time looking for something you swear you have, but it turns out you never purchased it? I looked for a Thinking of You die that I would have bet money I had, only to realize I never bought it. I gave up and looked through my order history at Simon Says Stamp and it wasn't there. I looked through my stash of cards I've made and there is no evidence I ever used it, so I must have dreamed I bought it.  😕

Onto this Yellow Butterfly Blossoms Card that I made using the Butterfly Blossoms stamp by Reverse Confetti. Last year I planted a butterfly bush by my back porch and I've had a lot of butterflies in my yard the last few weeks. When I look out the window it's fun to watch them and I love the big yellow ones! They were the inspiration for this card. I decided to use blue for the background paper and searched through my stash to find the Genevieve Collection paper pad by Bo Bunny (2015). A Thinking of You stamp by Momenta was used to finish the card and everything was adhered flat for easy shipping. My grandmother is in a memory care facility and I send her cards, although I don't know if she remembers me at this point. It was last year at Thanksgiving when I saw her last. This Covid pandemic has prevented family from normal visits. Thankfully she is in a good facility and they are staying healthy. I'll be sending this card to her. Thanks for stopping by!

Challenges entered:

6 comments:

  1. Your gran will surely love this beautiful card,the papers and butterfly are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, loving the blue and yellow colour combo! The butterfly is gorgeous and certainly meets our 'Thing with Wings' challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers, hope to see your work again.
    Glenda DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Andrea. Love the layout and colours and of course the beautiful butterfly. Thanks for sharing with us at JUGS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour scheme on your card Andrea. Your colouring on that butterfly is beautiful. Thanks for joining us this week at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sketch and colors! Loving the butterfly!
    Thanks so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge where it's all about "wings" this month!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty butterfly card. Thank you for joining our things with wings challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Hope to see your lovely art work back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊