Sunday, September 27, 2020

Thinking of You Cards

In these crazy times it's nice to take time and send cards for no particular reason. That's why I love having Thinking of You Cards in my stash. Recently a friend asked me to make her a couple and these are the two cards I made for her. I ended up using patterned paper from two different Bo Bunny paper pads along with some Doodlebug Designs striped paper. It's hard for me to cover up pretty papers, so I used layouts that let the papers be the star of the card. 

Does anyone have advice for getting die cuts to release better? The fancy die cut I used with the jade green paper on the first card does not want to release the small curved areas in the middle and side. The first one I made looked much worse, the second attempt was better but if you look close you can tell it's not as smooth as it should be. Anyway... any good advice is welcome. 

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Love your papers Andrea I can see why you didn't want to cover them two beautiful cards, I use baking parchment next to the die on top of my card if my dies don't release well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are gorgeous and I'm sure that your friend will appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards,love the papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to have some of these in my stash too, and my Mom usually requests a small stash once or twice a year. These are both so pretty and I am sure they will lift the recipients' spirits!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊