Friday, September 20, 2019

Sunflower Happy Birthday Card

Happy Friday! We have finally received a brief break from the summer heat and that makes me happy. The start to Fall is only a few days away, so I'm hoping for cooler days to come.

This time of year in Oklahoma you can see Sunflowers along the side of the road. I think they are a happy flowers! When Newton's Nook released this Sunflower Days stamp set I knew it was a must have. Copic markers were used to color the image and the coordinating die to cut it out. Last week the lever on my Fiskar's grass punch broke, so I replaced it with the Land Borders Die Set by Newton's Nook. The blue paper strip was made with mixed media paper along with Distress Oxide inks in Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean. Some water was sprayed onto the panel and lifted with a paper towel, then it was then sprayed with white Dylusions ink. The birthday sentiment is from the Newton Loves Cake stamp set by Newton's Nook. That's it! Wishing you a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by.

Challenges entered:

4 comments:

  1. I agree that sunflowers look like really happy flowers, love the bright yellow you used against the blue and green

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous card.Thanks for joining us over at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card! I agree, sunflowers are happy flowers!
    Did you know that if it's not sunny, sunflowers turn towards each other!
    Thanks for joining the fun at QKR Stampede this week!
    Good Luck
    Crafty Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sunflowers and this card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊