Monday, September 16, 2019

Green Monochrome Sympathy Card

Hello! Last week the husband of one of my cousins unexpectedly passed away. They are young and had only been married a couple of years. I know her heart is broken and her world has turned upside down. This Green Monochrome Sympathy Card is one I made to send to my Aunt and Uncle who live next door to my cousin. They are all very close and it's been such a shock to all of them. There isn't a lot I can do, but I can make them cards to show my support.

This card was made using various colors of green inks. I started with a piece of white cardstock and used a brayer to add a light green ink all over then added a slightly darker green to the edges. Then the Blossom layering stencil by Tim Holtz was used with Peeled Paint distress ink. The flowers are from the Bloom Brighter stamp set by Verve Stamps and were stamped with Mossy Meadow ink by Stampin' Up!. Three leaf sprigs were stamped from the Lawn Fawn Fab Flowers stamp set using Garden Green ink by Stampin' Up! and the stenciled panel was adhered to a piece of Garden Green cardstock. A butterfly was added for more detail next to the sympathy sentiment from the Forever in Our Hearts stamp set by Verve Stamps. That's it! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

Challenges entered:

2 comments:

  1. Andrea, your card is beautiful for a sad occasion. So sorry for your loss which is devastating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad to read of your loss Andrea especially as they were young your card and thoughtfulness will give some comfort

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊