Thursday, May 20, 2021

Cards Returned


Hello! When making and sending handmade cards you never expect to get them back. After my brother passed away most of the cards I made him were returned to me. Today would have been his 38th birthday, so I took the cards out to remember happier times. The cards are laying on two king size Batman pillow cases that I made him for Christmas several years ago. Up top in the photo you will see a painted rock with the word "whatever" on it. Another Christmas I asked him what he wanted and he replied "I don't know, just whatever," so I made him the rock and wrapped it in a pretty box. I'm sure I bought him something else, but I couldn't tell you what it was. He got a whatever rock and it made him laugh and that's all I remember. Thanks for stopping by and sharing in my memory. Happy birthday baby brother!

My brother:
May 20, 1983-Dec. 3, 2019

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful tribute and it might help to re-gift some of those cards in memory of him. I'm sure he appreciate your crafty spirit and humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's far too young to die, Andrea. You made him a gorgeous tribute and I love that rock (and all of your cards).
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings to you, Andrea, for sharing your memories and how your crafting must have touched your brother's heart since he saved them. To have them returned to you is so thoughtful and can be a beautiful set to pass on to someone in your family's next generation to create a legacy about the connection between you and your brother. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness I can’t imagine Andrea- he was so young. It is so cool that he kept all your creations. My heart just sank for you - he was born the same year as my son. I would put them all go in a “My Brother book” to record your thoughts and memories and revisit whenever you want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping your sweet memories bring smiles along with any tears! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊