Thursday, October 10, 2019

Celebrate Birthday Card

Hello! Today I remember my sister as it would have been her 43rd birthday. It's been 8 years since she passed but it still hurts. The occasions are the hardest but the hole of our missing relationship is always present❣ Making cards has been my therapy, so it was only fitting that I made a card on her birthday.

To make this Celebrate Birthday Card I used the sketch at the Inky Paws challenge for the layout. Since my sister liked dogs I decided to use the Let's Pawty STAMPtember set by Newton's Nook (it's sold out). At one time she had a yellow lab named Cooper, so I colored the image to look like him using Copic markers. All patterned paper are from the Happy Birthday paper pad by Echo Park (2017). Everything was adhered flat for easy shipping and that's it. I feel like this card could be given to anybody and it's nice to have a few of those in my stash. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day! ❤

Challenges entered:

6 comments:

  1. You have created a beautiful card in honour of your sister's memory I'm sure she would have loved the stamped image and beautiful papers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, this is such a wonderful birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh cuteness! All those presents in the background make for a wonderful setting for the puppy with his gift! This is a wonderful birthday! So glad you shared with us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card and what a lovely idea to make a card in honour of your sister.

    Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Dawn -DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card in honor of your sister. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card! Thank you so much for sharing the story and linking to the Inky Paw's Challenge.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊