Sunday, April 21, 2013

Turtle Happy Birthday Card

Last night my hubby wasn't feeling very good. So while he took a nap, I played in my craft room. It was the only logical choice, because let's face it, cleaning wasn't an option on a Saturday night. To start I found a couple of challenges that I wanted to participate in and used them as the starting point for my card. Here are the inspirational challenges for this Turtle Happy Birthday Card:
  1. The Sweet Stop: Sketch/Birthday Twist
  2. My Time to Craft: Stitching
  3. Send A Smile 4 Kids: Birthday Fun 4 Kids
  4. Catch The Bug: Bingo (Pastels, Bugaboo image, Embossing)

I flipped the sketch upside down to place the Happy Birthday sentiment so it looks like it's coming out of the turtle's kazoo. I coloured my Turtle Birthday image by Bugaboo with Copic markers and added a little Stickles for sparkle. There is quite a lot of stitching on this card and I added some purple doodle twine because I LOVE twine. Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!!!

Turtle Happy Birthday Card Supplies:
  • Paper: Whisper White and Wild Wasabi card stock by Stampin' Up!, pastel yellow and purple card stock by Core'dinations, and Easter Chevron patterned paper by The Paper Studio.
  • Stamps: Turtle Birthday by Bugaboo digi stamps and Little Happy Birthday sentiment stamp by Hero Arts.
  • Inks & Colouring: StazOn Jet Black, Copic markers (B02, B14, G12, G40, G43, G99, R83, RV34, YG61, Y00 and colorless blender) and diamond Stickles.
  • Other Stuff: Big Shot, Swiss Dots embossing folder, sewing machine, white thread, Scallop circle punch, 1-1/4" circle punch, purple doodle twine, and stampin' dimensionals.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet card Andrea. Love the darling image and the coloring. The lilac twine looks great with the circle greeting. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Love the design, the colors, and, of course, the stitching! Thank you for joining us at My Time To Craft!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card! Thanks for playing along with S.A.S.4K. Birthday Fun 4 Kids

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊