Thursday, May 11, 2023

Happy Place Card

Good day! There are only a couple of days left to play along in the current Inky Paws color challenge. The challenge colors are: Royal Blue, Olive Green, Sunshine Yellow and White. It took me awhile to decide what stamp set to use and I finally decided on Newton's Birdhouse. Our cats love to watch the birds and I started feeding birds to attract the American Goldfinch, one of my favorite birds. So, I colored the little birds yellow and the cat was colored to look like my sweet boy Mr. Tommy. The sky and grass background was made using the ink smooshing technique and the layout is one I have used before. I love the sentiment "Find your happy place!" My happy place is with Mr. Tommy, he is such a handsome and good boy, he always puts a smile on my face. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day.

Challenges entered:


Mr. Tommy

13 comments:

  1. Love your card the birds don't seem at all bothered by your gorgeous sleeping kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card, Andrea! Love the pretty papers you used and how you colored the kitty! Thanks for playing along with the Inky Paws Challenge! Inky hugs, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Tommy is so handsome, reminds me a bit of my Fussy in the winter months, she loses some of her thick fur each spring.
    And what a cute card you created!
    Thank you so much for sharing this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet, Mr. Tommy is a good model! Thanks for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've created a wonderful card that could be used for many different occasions. I like how you made the motif to stand out from the background, and your colouring is absolutely beautiful. The soft shades you used are a perfect match for the background papers (and I love those background papers!). The atmosphere of the card is so calming and full of positive vibes, and Mr. Tommy is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

    Hugs, Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Mr. Tommy is beautiful as is your card! I, too, love watching my cats watch birds! So glad you shared this fun card with us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is too cute! Newton looks so happy curled up by the birdhouse! Love the papers you used! Thank you so much for joining us at the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is gorgeous!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Cutie Pie Challenge, hope to see you again soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya, that's such a gorgeous card - the background is fabulous and love your cute cat! Thanks for joining in with us at Sweet Stampin' - Sarah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A super sweet card, lovely colours. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges. We look forwrd to seeing you again. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card, thanks for sharing with us @cutie pies. Sue. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning card, perfect for The Cutie Pies. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊