Sunday, February 17, 2019

Cupcake Birthday Card

Hello! I have a quick post to share my latest card. My birthday stash is still really low, so I seized an opportunity to make this Cupcake Birthday Card using the Inky Paws challenge colors to use: white, gray, black and pink. Color challenges help push me out of my comfort zone. Pink is one of those colors I don't gravitate to and I don't use it that often. Both of my nieces like pink so I decided to think of them when making this card. When celebrating birthdays I think cupcakes are fun, so I used the cupcake image from the Newton Loves Cake stamp set. The image was colored with Copic markers and then fussy cut. Some diamond Stickles was added to the cupcake icing for some sparkle. The gray patterned paper is from Stampin' Up! and the pink was a piece of scrap that was still fairly large. To add some detail I stamped the heart banner by Crate Paper with Berry Burst ink by Stampin' Up!. The happy birthday sentiment from the Newton Loves Cake stamp set was stamped with Memento black ink and that's it. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day.

Challenges entered:

9 comments:

  1. Aww, this is so sweet and perfect for our challenge. Sweet stamp and lovely creation. Thanks for joining in the fun with us at Sweet Stampin' for our 'Love Your Pets' challenge. We'd love to see you back next challenge too. Hugs, Wends xoxo SS DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Andrea, you did so well using the pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nieces will love your pretty in pink card!! Thanks for playing along at Inky Paws!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable - I think this is the nicest cupcake image I have seen around the blogs - what a fab stamp - great for our challenge at Sweet Stampin - thanks for joining us

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, the kitty is adorable x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's sweeter than a kitty and a pretty cupcake with icing? Very cute.:) Thanks for joining us at the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling card that your nieces will love! So glad you enjoy the IPC color challenges! Hope to see more of your creative work! :)
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute card! Love the image and I'm with you on the pink - out of my comfort zone too! You nailed this challenge! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On and hope to see you again!
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't gravitate towards pink either... but you rocked this! Your colouring is fantastic and I really like the layout/design. Thanks for playing along to Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊