Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Fawned of You Card

Hello crafty friends! This is the first card I've made since I got my glasses with progressive lenses. I was very hesitant about getting them, in fact I waited three years longer than my eye doctor recommended. I have to say the adjustment was much easier than I expected. At least now I can stop manipulating my glasses to see better while I'm crafting.

This Fawned of You Card was made using the colors from the current Inky Paws Challenge to use: Pink, Green, Brown and White. The new Deer Friend stamp set by Newton's Nook was an easy choice for the challenge colors. The deer and floral images were colored with Copic markers and then die cut with the coordinating dies. The pink and green patterned papers are from an older paper pad by American Crafts (Spring 2013) and the woodgrain is an older scrap piece from Stampin' Up!. A stitched oval die with scalloped frame by Avery Elle was used for the focal area. A small butterfly from the Newton's Day Dream was stamped and then Star Dust stickles added for sparkle and that's it.

Challenges entered:

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

11 comments:

  1. Such an adorable card! I love the fun scene you created for that sweet little deer!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cute deer and card, great papers and embellishments

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is soooooo cute, Andrea! That deer is adorable! Love your card design too! Way to go on the new glasses! That's probably what I need because I keep switching my two pairs of reading glasses back and forth. It's a real pain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card with a cute sentiment! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments Designs, good luck with the prizes and hope to see you next time. Hugs! Beatriz DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.
    Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
    http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card! Love the way you put everything together.
    Thanks for linking to the Inky Paw's Challenge.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable card! Love your papers and your coloring of the deer. Thanks for joining us at the Inky Paws Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a darling scene with the sweet dear! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Inky Paws Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Precious little deer, Andrea, and I love the fun sentiment! I'm so excited to see you playing along with us in our "Anything Goes with a Critter" challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this month. Do join us again, won't you? Good luck.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, I love the extra little flowers and leaves you have added to make the scene x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊